Gas Safety Week has just commenced and will be running from the 14th to the 20th of September 2015. This event is dedicated to promoting awareness of how tenants and homeowners need to properly maintain and service gas appliances.
This year’s event is already set to be a great success, with a record number of 5,000 pledges of support. Everyone at the Gas Safety Week Team would to thank everyone who is taking part. With everyone’s support, we hope to reach even more of the 23 million gas consumers than ever before!
With the start of Gas Safety Week, some new research has also been released today.
- Every year, an estimated 5.5 million gas consumers in Britain fail to get their appliances checked, putting their health and finances at risk.
- There has been around 67,000 gas emergency call-outs in the last year alone in the UK.
- After inspecting 142,000 homes over the last 5 years, we have found 1 in 6 gas appliances are considered to be unsafe.
- Unsafe gas appliances lead to 6 deaths and 300 injuries last year.
- A gas safety check can cost as little as £60, according to a new survey carried out between Gas Safety Engineers.
You can find more on this latest research on the Gas Safe Register site.
The Gas Safety Week team urges you to take action to ensure that your gas appliances are safe to use and not a danger to yourself or the people around you by booking an annual gas safety check.
All of our commercial power flushing comes with a full guarantee. Book your Power Flush today with Power Flush Wizard, we can provide you with a FREE no obligation power flush quote. To get your Power Flush quote today fill in our quick and simple quote form and one of our friendly team will get back to you with a quote, or call our dedicated technical support team for advice, or to arrange a FREE site visit.
Check out our other blog posts explaining how you can tell that your heating system needs a power flush, including the tell-tale signs you should look out for.